Call for Artists
FIREHOUSE ART CENTER is calling for
- Deadline of November 25, 2013
- Photos must be 72 dpi or higher with a max of 1280 pixels on the long side
- 5 photos maximum
- $25 submission fee required
*Please specifiy if you do not want your photos to be sold (All photos will be priced the same)
No fee required to exhibit
All entries will be printed and hung in the Art Department.
December 11-29, 2013
Opening Reception Dec 13 [6-9 pm]
During the month of December, the Firehouse Art Center will be showing an exhibit called, Phone-Ography. This exhibition brings together artists and novices in a new way. With the growth of smart phones, phone photography is fast becoming one of the most accessible and popular forms of creative expression. The intent of this exhibition is to showcase the ability of an artist to produce stunning photography and film with simply a mobile phone and a good eye. As accomplished photographer Chase Jarvis famously said, “The best camera is the one that’s with you..
OPEN CALL FOR EXHIBITIONS
Our beautiful historic building features a large exhibition space for premier artists and a smaller space for emerging talents. Exhibitions in the main gallery are confirmed one year in advance, while exhibitions in the Art Department can be confirmed throughout the year.
Artists that are interested in showing their work are invited to submit an ARTIST PROPOSAL for an individual or group show in any and all mediums, including contemporary art and installation. Our open submission policy allows any artist to submit their work to us at any time. Submitting to the Firehouse is an opportunity for Solo Exhibition space with a proposed theme of your choice. Sometimes we combine several artists into one exhibition.
$30 Submission Only or $60 Artist Submission fee by check or PayPal
6 Images of submitted work (300 dpi, jpg format on CD)
Artist Bio, Statement & Proposal for Exhibition
Documentation of artwork (title, dimensions [Width x Length], media & price)
MAIL TO: Firehouse Art Center, PO Box 783, Longmont, CO 80502,
OR EMAIL TO: firstname.lastname@example.org,
OR DELIVER TO: Firehouse Art Center, 667 Fourth Ave., Longmont, CO 80502
If you have any questions, please call 303.651.2787, or email email@example.com.
Incomplete submissions will not be considered. All accepted artists are required to join the Firehouse Art Center ($45/yr) Member artists are given a page on our artist page on the website.
MEMBERSHIP & SUBMISSION SPECIFICATIONS
- Submit Work Only: $30, one-time fee to submit work only, or if you’re already an Artist Member.
- Artist Submission Membership: $60, open submission fee to submit work and become an Artist Member.
Artist Submission Member benefits are as follows:
- Exclusive Artist Appreciation event & Quarterly Artist Gatherings
- Promoted and featured on our website
- Eligible for an “Artist of the Month” designation
- First in line for openings the gallery may have due to cancellations
- Local merchant discounts
- Reduced fees for art classes
- Preview exhibitions and meet the artists
Criteria for Exhibitions
The following criteria are based on broad goals relating to the Firehouse Art Center mission which includes enriching the community through quality visual art exhibits. These criteria allow the artist to determine the appropriateness of the exhibit in meeting this mission. Any exhibit that the committee develops will be done so with these criteria in mind.
- The exhibit provides a unique and diverse art experience for the community.
- The exhibit has potential to attract a regional audience that ultimately expands the Art Center's audience base and increases awareness of the Art Center.
- The exhibit meets expectations based both on artistic excellence and the material's relationship to the audience of Longmont and Boulder County.
- The exhibit positively promotes area artists both professional and emerging.
- The exhibit appropriately uses the gallery space.