Cost $200.00 per week, all materials included
Younger Ages 7-9, 9:00AM-12:00PM
Older Ages 10-12, 1:00PM-4:00 PM
Sign-up for 1-4 Wks. Make it fit your family’s summer schedule!
10% off for Early Registration by 6/1/17 with code: “Camp”
10% off for Members with code “Member”
Registration Ends 6/23/17
Week 1: 7/10-7/14
- Mon: Clay Projects- Animal Pinch Pots – Your favorite animal? Bring pictures to sculpt from!
- Tues: Printing- Dynamic Masks – Using styrofoam, rollers, paint and oil pastels.
- Wed: 3D Origami/Kirigami for Younger Ages, Copper Tooling & Colored Sharpies for Older Ages!
- Thurs: Drawing with Markers – Dogs, Cats, Fish, Turtles-What’s Your Favorite Pet?
- Fri.: Paint Clay Pots, Finish Projects, Matte Artwork!
Week 2: 7/17-7/21
- Mon: Clay Projects – Secret Lidded Containers- Using the coil method to build our artworks.
- Tues: Collage – Invent Your Own Personal Robot– Use found objects to construct your new friend.
- Wed: Watercolor Painting – Using wax resist and then painting on top of your drawing!
- Thurs: Chalk Pastels on Black Background – Create drama and interest by using a colored background.
- Fri: Paint Clay Containers, Finish projects, Matte Artwork!
Week 3: 7/24-7/28
- Mon: Clay Projects – Sculptural Creatures- Using the pinch and pull methods to create our
- Tues: Tissue Watercolor Art – Use a variety of tissue paper colors, shapes and textures to create art!
- Wed: Weaving and Sewing – So many ways to create a fun art piece out of fabric and many textures!
- Thurs: Oil Pastels– Animal Portraits, that look like oil paintings! Bring your favorite picture!
- Fri.- Paint Clay Sculptures, Finish Projects, Matte Artwork!
Week 4, 7/31-8/4
- Mon: Clay Projects–Textured Bowls– Using the slab method and texture tools.
- Tues.- Collage Sunflowers– Use a variety of materials from paper to metal to create Sunshine Art!
- Wed.- Ink and Watercolors– Simple line drawings combined with beautiful watercolors-
- Thurs.- Origami and Kirigami Sculptures and Designs– Learn how to make all kinds of fun ideas!
- Fri.- Paint Clay Bowls, Finish Projects, Matte Artwork!
Peg Hilliard: Peg has been an Artist and Art Teacher for over 20+ years. She taught K-5 for 11 years in SVVSD and is now doing Artist-in-Residences in schools and at our Longmont Library. Website: PegHilliardCreates.com
Val Illg: Val is the Firehouse’s Administrative Assistant. For 3 years, she directed an urban youth farm and farmer’s market program with Slow Food Denver and Denver Public Schools. While attending Naropa University, she found her passion for both the visual arts and contemplative education with a special love for eco-art, land-based art, and textile art. Val is excited to her bring her experience and enthusiasm to the Firehouse Camp for Creatives!
For questions and/or payment please email email@example.com Or Call: (303) 651-2787 Or stop by the Firehouse Art Center, Wed-Sun. 12-5pm.