Volunteer & Intern Opportunities
Our volunteer gallery staff work in the gallery greeting visitor, answering the phone and providing general information. It's a great job if you are interested in art as our shows change every month or so. We love volunteers who like to learn and talk about art! Gallery sitters also assists in small projects as they arise.We are currently looking for people who might be interested in helping us on a Friday evening from 6-9pm, or on a Thursday or Friday from 12 - 5pm.
Like most non profits, we always need help with our fundraising. At the moment we are particularly interested in any volunteers who might be able to help us with our business sponsorship scheme. For more information please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org
We have internship opportunities available from time to time. If you are interested in interning with us, we would love to hear from you! Please email Joanna Young at email@example.com.
- Art-sitting weekends from 12-5 pm on Friday, Saturday and/or Sunday
- Data entry: email signup sheets, memberships and possible migration to new data system
- Addressing envelopes for bulk mailings
- Locate community calendars online and create a list of those we need to enter events regularly
- Maintain calendar
- Help clean the facilities while art-sitting, before events, once a week, etc.
- Develop a cleaning schedule, floors and bathrooms prioritized (days and tasks)
- Physical file assessment and organization
- Inventory – create a list/database of supplies and a restock schedule
- Ongoing database of arts organizations, groups, guilds, etc. Building connections and awareness
- Develop a list of all local artists and film makers
- Research art collectors and help manage our list of art collectors
- Finding us online, double checking where our information is posted and making sure it is accurate
- Press release management
- Posting and handing out flyers
- Word-of-mouth, being an ambassador!
- Help us find new marketing streams, websites and places to promote FAC
- Exhibition install, Mondays and Tuesdays the first part of the month
- Exhibition Committee seat, art experience necessary
- Artist assistant – during install, during artist insider and during reception
- Event cleaning/set up and tear down
- Bartending at an event
- Data collecting at an event, zip codes, survey, etc.
- Teachers assistant for SAE, three Saturdays a month, set up, clean up, registration, etc.
- Workshop assistance, scheduled throughout the year with the artist
- Education committee – brainstorming, implementation of programs, etc.
- Join our board of directors or join a committee
- Help us fundraise, ask your friends and family
- Grant writing assistance
- General facilities maintenance; electrician, basic repairs, etc.
Volunteers have the opportunity to learn marketable skills, contribute current skills, explore new areas of interest, meet stimulating people, and enhance the Longmont arts community. Please join us! We would love to hear from you.