The Firehouse Art Center provides many opportunities to support the arts through volunteerism. Volunteers have the opportunity to learn marketable skills, contribute current skills, explore new areas of interest, meet stimulating people, and enhance the Longmont arts community.
Please see the following opportunities for volunteers. If you are interested in volunteering, fill out our Volunteer Information Form below. We look forward to hearing from you!
Current Volunteer Opportunities:
Our volunteer staff work in the gallery greeting visitors, answering the phone and providing general information. It’s a great job if you are interested in art. We love volunteers who like to learn and talk about art! Gallery attendants also assists in small projects as they arise.
We have internship opportunities available for most of the year. We are currently looking for a minimum of 10 hours per week. We do not offer paid internships, but you will get priceless experience in the art world. We are a non-profit and very community based. We not only curate regional and national art exhibitions, we are also involved in film, music, dance and of course education. If you are interested in interning with us, we would love to hear from you! Please email Beryl Durazo at firstname.lastname@example.org.
The FAC currently has 20 unique art exhibitions each year and another 20 scheduled for 2017. With all that changing art comes a lot of work and you can help! Learn how exhibitions come together, how to help promote shows and how to professionally hang art work.
- Art-sitting weekends from 12-5 pm on Friday, Saturday and/or Sunday
- Data entry: email signup sheets, memberships and possible migration to new data system
- Addressing envelopes for bulk mailings
- Locate community calendars online and create a list of those we need to enter events regularly
- Maintain calendar
- Ongoing database of arts organizations, groups, guilds, etc. Building connections and awareness
- Develop a list of all local artists and film makers
- Research art collectors and help manage our list of art collectors
- Finding us online, double checking where our information is posted and making sure it is accurate
- Press release management
- Posting and handing out flyers
- Word-of-mouth, being an ambassador!
- Help us find new marketing streams, websites and places to promote FAC
- Exhibition install, Mondays and Tuesdays the first part of the month
- Exhibition Committee seat, art experience necessary
- Artist assistant – during install, during artist insider and during reception
- Event cleaning/set up and tear down
- Bartending at an event
- Data collecting at an event, zip codes, survey, etc.
- Teachers assistant for SAE, three Saturdays a month, set up, clean up, registration, etc.
- Workshop assistance, scheduled throughout the year with the artist
- Education committee – brainstorming, implementation of programs, etc.
- Join our board of directors or join a committee
- Help us fundraise, ask your friends and family
- Grant writing assistance
- General facilities maintenance; electrician, basic repairs, etc.