BOARD OF DIRECTORS
Board Member Nomination Guidelines
The Firehouse Art Center in Longmont is seeking enthusiastic and creative leaders to join its Board of Directors. As a Board Member, you will be assisting & supporting a successful visual arts non-profit organization that has been the visual art center serving the St. Vrain Valley and Boulder County since 1986. The Firehouse Art Center’s Board of Directors supports and guides the organization to help it realize the full impact of its mission and vision. It is a supportive network, committed to inclusion of a variety of identities, perspectives, and skill sets. Applicants need not have previous board leadership experience, but must be willing to contribute their time and resources to advancing the Firehouse’s mission. This is an extraordinary opportunity for an individual who is passionate about supporting the organization’s growth through advocacy, fundraising, service, and acting as an ambassador for the organization.
Specific Board Member responsibilities include:
• Participate in FAC’s annual board retreat, regular board meetings, and in working groups and committees.
• Serve as an advisor to FAC’s Executive Director. Each board member supports FAC’s activities by offering their unique expertise and guidance.
• Help establish policy, procedures, and regulations for the operation of FAC and provide legal and fiduciary oversight.
• Act as an ambassador for FAC and represent the organization to stakeholders.
• Make FAC a philanthropic priority and assist in the organization’s fundraising efforts. No minimum giving and fundraising amount is set, but board members are expected to proactively reach out to their personal and professional networks to solicit contributions for FAC and make a personally meaningful financial gift to FAC each year.
• Serve a two-year term (to be eligible for re-appointment for one additional term). Service on FAC’s Board of Directors is without remuneration
Please send a letter of intent and resume to Firehouse Art Center, 667 Fourth Ave, Longmont CO 80501.
THE FIREHOUSE TEAM
Elaine Waterman brings over 11 years of arts education and programming experience to the Firehouse Art Center. Elaine completed her BFA from The College of William and Mary in Sculpture with a minor in Art History. With a Fashion Design and Illustration degree from the Fashion Institute of Technology, Elaine started her career in the arts as a Fashion Designer in NYC, working for Bloomingdales as well as Marvel Comics. As a professional artist, Elaine has exhibited in galleries from New York to Los Angeles. Prior to her current position, she served as the Studio Project Coordinator at the Boulder Museum of Contemporary Art as well as the Education Program Coordinator at the Longmont Museum and Cultural Center. Elaine’s biggest passion is introducing students, young and old, to the artist within, and she believes that art can be a powerful agent of social change. She is committed to working with curator, Brandy Coons, to exhibit art that dynamically engages viewers and encourages creative discourse. Elaine feels that community involvement is a top priority and is looking forward to expanding the Firehouse Art Center’s community outreach through innovative programming for adults and children.
Brandy Coons has studied photography at the University of Georgia and Louisiana Tech University, completing her BFA in 2011. Since then she has worked as a product photographer and graphic and web designer, and began working within the Longmont arts community in 2015 when she joined the Board for ArtWalk Longmont. She began working as the Executive Director of ArtWalk in 2016, where she pursued her passions in local community engagement in the arts. She joined the Firehouse staff in 2018 as the Gallery Assistant and now as Curator is able to apply her interests in fine arts presentation and art history within the gallery space, continuing the Firehouse’s efforts to engage our community with thought-provoking exhibitions while supporting practicing artists in all stages of their careers.