The Firehouse is so excited to be opening for weekday appointments, and with a 5 person capacity on Saturdays and Sundays. I have been receiving questions regarding safety and what to expect at the gallery (from staff as well as the community) as we reopen. Sorry for the long post in advance.
Appointments and timed tickets- Wednesday through Friday, guests can request a time to visit between 12pm and 5pm. Please email email@example.com 24 hours before your visit, and you will receive a confirmation email.
Saturday and Sunday- There is a 5 person limit in the gallery. You will be allowed to enter between 12pm-5pm as capacity permits.
We are so excited to share these works with you, and we have implemented some safety precautions to keep our community safe as well as prevent the spread of COVID-19. We ask that if you are exhibiting any symptoms of COVID-19 (fever, cough, shortness of breath) that you stay home except to seek medical help.
1. Deep clean- The Firehouse was deep cleaned before reopening.
2. Masks- All guests must follow mandatory state requirements for masks. If you do not have a mask, they are available at the Firehouse for a $5 donation. We will not be allowing guests to enter without a mask, so please be prepared.
Your cloth face covering should:
✔️ Reach above the nose, below the chin, and completely cover the mouth and nostrils
✔️ Fit snugly against the sides of the face
✔️ Be made of multiple layers of fabric that you can still breathe through
✔️ Be able to be laundered and machine dried without damaging the material or shape
Learn more at https://bit.ly/2Ravt42
3. Viewing and learning about the artwork- Please follow the directional arrows for viewing the artwork. All the information typically held in our Gallery Guides can be found on the West Wall. We hope that you will take time to read the information at the viewing points provided.
4. Please keep staff and volunteers in mind- If you have questions about the gallery or the artwork, we welcome them! Please feel free to ask questions from behind the plexiglass screen which has been provided to protect our staff and volunteers.
5. What we are doing to keep you safe- Staff and volunteers will wear masks during appointments/weekend open times, as well as sterilize surfaces and wash hands after every appointment/every 30 minutes. Antibacterial gel is available to guests at different stations throughout the gallery.
We are excited for you to come see the show and we appreciate your cooperation on our new policies as we move forward with reopening!
– Elaine Waterman