The Firehouse Art Center shapes Longmont’s creative identity and improves our community’s
quality of life by providing meaningful engagement with art and culture.
The Firehouse Art Center inspires cultural awareness and human connection by providing
life enhancing experiences through art exhibitions, art education and cultural events.
Since 1986 The Arts Studio, Inc. of Longmont, Colorado has served the community by promoting art education for adults and children, by creating opportunities for exhibition, and co-founding ArtWalk Longmont. In 1987, the Arts Studio,Inc. and the Longmont Council for the Arts collaborated on the renovation of the old firehouse, a historic landmark in downtown Longmont. This provided a facility for art education and classes, which was our main focus for the next ten years.
In 1999, the Arts Studio, Inc. unveiled a renovated interior of the Old Firehouse Art Center creating a permanent art gallery and improving the member’s gallery and classroom. Since that time, the Arts Studio, Inc. has increased the quality and frequency of programs and endeavor to provide exhibitions that engage and energize the community. During the past five years the Arts Studio’s programming has expanded in response to the increased demands of the area’s growing population. Our commitment to raising the standard of artistic quality has been recognized in reviews and feature stories by the newspaper, magazine, online and television media. Also noteworthy is our receipt of the 2001 and 2003 Arts Nova Awards from the Community Foundation Serving Boulder County, recognizing entreprenuerism and innovation in a non-profit organization.
The Firehouse Art Center curates twelve unique exhibitions a year mixing solo and group shows. In keeping with our mission, our exhibitions are a diverse blend of traditional and contemporary styles that intersperse the work of local, regional and national artists.
- The Firehouse is a Center for Art in Longmont, Colorado, Our beautiful building provides a hub for artists in the area.
- Two resident artists have studios in the building.
- We have a ceramics studio and student classroom upstairs.
- Artists and enthusiasts have an opportunity to communicate through our membership group and regular events
- We enable people to gain work experience in the arts by offering Internships and Volunteer Opportunities to people in the community, especially to students.