The Firehouse Art Center provides many opportunities to support the arts through volunteerism. Volunteers have the opportunity to learn marketable skills, contribute current skills, explore new areas of interest, meet stimulating people, and enhance the Longmont arts community.
Please see the following opportunities for volunteers. If you are interested in volunteering, please click on the links below or email email@example.com. We look forward to hearing from you!
Volunteer Opportunities: Please click the links to learn more and sign up!
*** Art Sitting at the Gallery-
Weekdays and Weekends from 11:45-5:15pm- Exhibit hosts needed at the gallery to interact with the community. We would love to have recurring regular volunteers (ex. “every Thurs” or “third Wed”) but single dates also welcome. Exhibit hosts sit at the front desk. They greet guests and inform them about the current exhibits, and if there is art work upstairs on in the back gallery. They also ask people to sign in in the guest book. Exhibit hosts are also responsible for any sales transactions from the shop or the exhibit, retail and money handling experience is appreciated, but there will be training provided to process sales.
Your most important responsibility is to share about the exhibit, and let guests know about the Firehouse. We will have flyers that share programming info, so you wouldn’t need to memorize anything, you can just hand out the flyers and direct people to the chalkboard calendar. It’s a great way to connect with the community and support our organization’s belief that art belongs to everyone. Our gallery has no admission fee and we invite all members of the community to experience the art on our walls. While we would love to have a recurring volunteer, we are willing to be flexible! Please email firstname.lastname@example.org to inquire about open dates, and if you are looking for a specific date, please let us know!
*** Farmers Market- Weekly on Saturdays from April-November- 8am- 1pm
Volunteer will meet up with a Firehouse representative at the Boulder County Fairgrounds to help set up the craft, work with young artists to make the project and then break down the craft at the end of the market. Tent and table will be set up by the Farmers Market Team. Sign up here.
*** Summer on the Streets- Every 2nd Saturday in May, June, July and August
Volunteer to lead the craft activity at the Firehouse, set up tents, break down tents or help facilitate our monthly street festival highlighting the best Longmont has to offer in food, art and music!. Sigh up HERE!
*** ArtWalk- September 9, 2023
Volunteer for ArtWalk, our large Main Street Art Festival! Sign up HERE!
For opportunities that you can do at home, please email email@example.com.
Current Volunteer Opportunities:
Our volunteer staff work in the gallery greeting visitors, answering the phone and providing general information. It’s a great job if you are interested in art. We love volunteers who like to learn and talk about art! Gallery attendants also assists in small projects as they arise.
We are excited to be expanding our internship opportunities. We have internships available for most of the year. We offer programs for high school students to learn about the art world (3-5 hours per week), as well as opportunities for college students and recent graduates (a minimum of 10 hours per week). We do not offer paid internships, but you will get priceless experience in the art world. We are a non-profit and very community based. We not only curate regional and national art exhibitions, we are also involved in film, music, dance and of course education. If you are interested in interning with us, we would love to hear from you! Please email Elaine Waterman at firstname.lastname@example.org.
The FAC currently has 24 unique art exhibitions each year. With all that changing art comes a lot of work and you can help! Learn how exhibitions come together, how to help promote shows and how to professionally hang art work.
This opportunity is OPEN! Administrative tasks can be done in gallery or off site (excluding art sitting). Please email email@example.com to inquire about this flexible volunteer opportunity!
- Art-sitting weekends from 12-5 pm on Thursdays, Fridays, Saturdays and Sundays.
- Data entry: email signup sheets, memberships and possible migration to new data system
- Addressing envelopes for bulk mailings
- Locate community calendars online and create a list of those we need to enter events regularly
- Maintain calendar
This opportunity is OPEN and can be done in the gallery or off site. Please email firstname.lastname@example.org to inquire about this volunteer opportunity!
- Ongoing database of arts organizations, groups, guilds, etc. Building connections and awareness
- Develop a list of all local artists and film makers
- Research art collectors and help manage our list of art collectors
- Finding us online, double checking where our information is posted and making sure it is accurate
This opportunity is OPEN! Marketing tasks can be done in gallery or off site (excluding art sitting). Please email email@example.com to inquire about this flexible volunteer opportunity!
- Press release management
- Posting and handing out flyers
- Word-of-mouth, being an ambassador!
- Help us find new marketing streams, websites and places to promote FAC
Event planning tasks can be done in gallery or off site. This opportunity is OPEN! Please email firstname.lastname@example.org to inquire about event planning opportunities! Exhibit planning requires arts experience. Bartenders must be TIPS certified.
- Exhibition install, Mondays and Tuesdays the first part of the month
- Exhibition Committee seat, art experience necessary
- Artist assistant – during install, during artist talks and during reception
- Event cleaning/set up and tear down
- Bartending at an event
- Data collecting at an event, zip codes, survey, etc.
- Teachers assistant for SAE, three Saturdays a month, set up, clean up, registration, etc.
- Workshop assistance, scheduled throughout the year with the artist
- Education committee – brainstorming, implementation of programs, etc.
- Join our board of directors or join a committee
- Help us fundraise, ask your friends and family
- Grant writing assistance
- General facilities maintenance; electrician, basic repairs, etc.