The Firehouse Art Center hosts 2 residencies each year, working in the South Gallery for three months before a culminating solo exhibition in the Main Gallery with the opportunty to guest curate the accompanying South Gallery show. In Winter 2020, the program will run from November – January (exhibit February). We are also seeking applications for Summer 2021, running from June – August (exhibit September).
The Artist Occupied program at the Firehouse Art Center is intended as a professional development opportunity for emerging and experienced visual artists, and to expose visitors to a working artist environment.
Selected Artists will receive a $500 stipend, and are asked to work in the space for at least ten hours per week during open gallery hours.
• 350 sq ft studio space with natural light and tall ceilings
• Full sink with disposal
• Trash & recycling
• Basement storage available
• 24-hour access to the building
• Wi-fi access
• Merit of past work
• Readiness to engage with and benefit from the residency
• Potential to further develop an innovative creative practice and impact the community
• Primary criteria for selection are conceptual innovation and technical proficiency of artwork
• Site visit required for final round of selection
To apply, please email email@example.com with the following:
• Site specific artist proposal for work to be completed during residency
• Why you are interested in the residency
• 8-10 Images of recent work, showing style and technical skills
• Artist statement; who you are and what you do
• Artist resume
• 3 References
• Contact details
Previous resident artists include Heather Kegel, Sean Faling, Jessica Forrestal, Chris Blume, Kaitlyn Tucek, Roberta Restaino, Chelsea Gilmore, and Barbara Rudlaff.
Deadline to apply is August 30th, 2020