Día de los Muertos call for entry
July 21, 2019 – Open Call to ALL Longmont residents: The Firehouse Art Center is hosting our annual Day of the Dead exhibition October 09-November 03, 2019.The goal of this event is to immerse and educate the community with the tradition and themes of Dia De Los Muertos celebrated throughout Mexico and Latin America annually. This year our theme is “Ancestors” We are asking for submissions of photographs of loved ones passed to showcase Longmont Families and histories.
- Call to artists open – July 21, 2019
- Portraits drop-off – October 05 & 06 from 12pm-5pm
- Photographs must be of relatives who have passed.
- This is open to all Longmont residents!
- Images must be framed and ready-to-hang, with an outer frame dimension no larger than 11x14inches
The Firehouse Art Center will require the following information from each artist wishing to participate:
- Contributor info – Name, Address, Phone, and Email.
- Portrait info – Names of depicted ancestors, dimensions, date of image
Where to Submit: Artists and organizations can submit original artwork to the Firehouse by sending requested information and images to email@example.com, or simply bring them to the Firehouse on October 05 or 06 between 12 noon and 5pm.
Questions: Please contact the Curator at firstname.lastname@example.org or call (303)651-2787